JOIN US! Admission of new members
Direct admission is POSSIBLE WITH ONE OF THE FOLLOWING VERIFICATIONS:
- A degree in fine arts (Bachelor's, Diplom, Master's, Meisterschüler*in or an equivalent degree) from a state recognised German or comparable foreign arts university.
- Membership within another bbk association or within the Deutscher Künstlerbund or the fine arts section of the "Akademie der Künste" or the GEDOK.
- A certificate of matriculation in visual arts at a state recognised art university, college or academy.
For direct admission, the following documents must be submitted by post:
- Membership application form (doc) / (pdf)
- Verification (copy of diploma, bbk/GEDOK membership card etc., certificate of matriculation)
Admission by the admissions committee with ONE OF THE FOLLOWING VERIFICATIONS:
- A professional practice involving exhibitions and/or
- A professional practice involving publications and/or
- Continuous artistic activity.
The detailed requirements regarding the documents to be submitted can be found in the PDF "Application form for the examination by the Admissions Committee". The Admissions Committee will decide based on the materials submitted if further documents/materials for the documentation and/or the submission of originals are required.
The following documents must be submitted by post for admission by the Admissions Committee:
A digital admissions process is currently being carried out. Additional documents must also be submitted digitally:
The next meeting of the admission committee will take place in spring 2021.
The application deadline will be announced soon.
Annual membership fee
- 116 euros regular
- 85 euros reduced
- 30 euros for students
(The conditions are listed in the membership application form)
The executive board must be notified of any termination of membership by e-mail or by post, giving three months' notice to the end of the year (post must be received by 1 October of the current year, at the latest). We kindly ask you to pay any contributions outstanding until then. Membership within the bbk berlin refers to the current calendar year.